Personalized Student Support
At University Abroad we understand that leaving home and studying in a new culture can be difficult. That is why we work with each of our students to design a personalized support plan that includes activities, one-on-one meetings, individualized feedback from professors, and other events.
As a University Abroad student you will be taken care of from the minute you arrive in Vermont and are greeted at the airport. Whether it is before, during, or after your time in the University Abroad programs, our support staff is there to help you each step of the way.
- Free Activities – As a University Abroad student you will have many opportunities to participate in fun and cultural activities. Past students have enjoyed learning to ski at some of the best resorts in New England. Activities are offered each week to provide you with lots of fun and educational activities to enjoy your free time. From pumpkin carving at Halloween, to end-of-semester group dinners – there’s so much to do!
- One-on-One Meetings – As a University Abroad student you will meet with an advisor twice a month to stay on track. Your advisor will make sure that you are satisfied with your classes, your room, and every part of the program. You will have the opportunity to learn about the IEC’s five elite universities in the northeast while your advisor helps match your interests and strengths with a university.
- Mid-Semester Grade Reports – As a University Abroad student, you will receive a mid-semester grade report from your advisor. Your mid-semester grade report contains individualized feedback from your professors, valuable information for staying on track. These reports outline your strengths in your courses as well as areas for improvement so you can finish your courses successfully.
- Academic Skills Workshops – If you are having difficulty in one of your classes or you just want to practice your academic skills, University Abroad will help you with regularly scheduled academic skills workshops. These workshops are designed to help you get ahead in your academic coursework and stay ahead.
- Mobile-Based Support – As a University Abroad student you will receive mobile-based support via the We Chat application. Our staff members at University Abroad understand that We Chat is a familiar and comfortable method of communication, so they use We Chat to help students solve problems immediately. You can rest easy knowing that help is only a We Chat message away!
- University Visits – As a University Abroad student you have the option of transferring to one of five elite universities in the northeast. As you explore each university and narrow your choices in your one-on-one meetings, you will also be preparing to visit a few of the universities. These visits are arranged and paid for by University Abroad and you will travel with one of our excellent support staff members.
- Saint Michael’s College Support Structure – As a University Abroad student, you are also a Saint Michael’s College student. This means that you have access to all of the supports that Saint Michael’s College offers. From 24/7 security and answering services to free bus passes and gym access – you’ll have everything you need to call the University Abroad Programs home.